Center for Personal Transformation - Faciltating Your Journey from Ego to Living in Spirit
RSS

Recent Posts

IS THERE SUCH THING AS "THE SECRET"?
Benzodiazapine Dependence and Recovery
The Myth of the College Degree
The "Virus of Discontent"
Overcoming Addictions

Categories

Addiction
Education
Pathwork/Shedding Our Masks
Psychospiritual Therapy
Spiritual Growth
The Nature of Ego
powered by

My Blog

What is a Healthy Ego?

Pathwork is not about eradicating the ego but about developing a healthy ego that is connected and integrated with the Higher Self. One day as I was driving on 1-70 in the mountains of Colorado I entered that state of "driving trance" and asked myself, "What are the characteristics of a healthy ego?". These are the responses that my own Higher Self gave to me. It occured to me that these are,in fact, the goals of successful psychotherapy.

1. To develop a true sense of self-acceptance that is not based on external factors but on an internal acceptance of one's own being.

2. To develop healthy boundaries and limits.

3. To be able to be authentic and speak one's truth rather than present a "false self" or mask.

4. To let go of shame about the past, one's mistakes, history and shortcomings. To practice self-forgiveness and compassion.

5. To be able to feel and express the full range of human emotions appropriately.

6. To practice healthy self-care physically, emotionally and spiritually.

7. To take responsibility for one's life, choices and behaviors rather than blame others.

8. To be able to create and maintain healthy relationships that are interdependent rather than overly dependent or anti-dependent.

9. To separate physically, emotionally and financially from one's family of origin and to individuate with a sense of one's own true identity.

10. To develop a spiritual/philosophical understanding of life which becomes our context for experiencing life's challenges. To see our lives as an unfolding journey that facilitates the evolution of our soul.

8 Comments to What is a Healthy Ego?:

Comments RSS
Phenocal on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 1:52 AM
Hi,I am doing dieting regularly but the results are not satisfying. I am frustrated what can I do now?
Reply to comment

Katelyn Daniels, LCPC on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 12:00 PM
I am responding to your question about your efforts to manage your weight. Although you don't give specifics as to the type of diet your are on or what seems to be sabotaging your efforts to lose weight, I will address what I consider to be common reasons that people don't achieve the results they desire. A healthy ego practices self-care on all levels, physical, emotional and spiritual. Our physical health and well being is important to our overall well-being. Some people have learned to use food as a way to handle emotional pain and stress. Some simply have poor eating habits that are reinforced by our culture. I believe the greatest culprit in our society is the over consumption of sugar and refined carbohydrates. Many people are carb sensitive and insulin resistant and will not lose weight if they consume too many carbs. I have found that the HCG diet is an effective way to drop a lot of weight very quickly and then set the groundwork for a new way of eating with far fewer carbs. You can google HCG diet and read about the protocol. It was originally developed by Dr. Simeons who wrote a book you can find for free on-line called "Pounds and Inches". Hope this helps and Good Luck!! Katelyn

Click here on Wednesday, May 16, 2012 8:20 AM
This post inculcates me on how to think, eat and be healthy as always. Whether the ego is the topic here to begin with.
Reply to comment

Youth Sports Motivation on Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:44 AM
That was very nice health advice given by you.I appreciate your idea here. Definitely it has a good content.
Reply to comment

Joint Pain Oil on Sunday, October 13, 2013 11:19 AM
I like your work please share more on your blog
Reply to comment

Sildenafil Citrate Online on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 4:23 AM
I really glad to read your blog and want to thank you for posting such nice content. Please keep sharing more and more information.
Reply to comment

Blepharoplasty on Monday, December 30, 2013 3:38 AM
Wow!! that is quite amazing to see that how we can develop healthy ego and it can help us in making our lifestyle at good level.
Reply to comment

Remedial Massage Courses on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:04 AM
I am sure individuals like me will find your blog to be of great help. I will suggest it to my friends.Thanks.
Reply to comment